I first put this together last February but I don't remember if it was before or after the Seattle Bryants left. One cold evening last week I decided to make it for Woody and Sue and we all just loved it. The amounts are approximate and you could add or subtract ingredients. The bacon, cream and cumin really seem to enhance the flavor so I would be sure to use those.
Serves 4 -6
Cut a few slices of bacon into small pieces (like our lardons fumés)and fry slightly, either in a large heavy skillet with a lid or in a heavy casserole like a Creuset. Add some olive oil and the following diced ingredients, mixing well with the oil. Cover and simmer for a few minutes.
1/2 cup carrots
2 cups potatoes
1/2 cup celery
1 cup onion
1 leek
Then add and let simmer, covered, for even an hour or so to blend the flavors.
some corn
some cooked and diced chicken (a short cut....boil chicken tenders in enough water to be able to use that water for the bouillon, adding just seasonings or a bouillon cube)
2 1/2 cups chicken bouillon (or stock which you can buy)
salt, pepper, cumin, herbes de provence, etc......
Just before serving add a cup of cream. It can be thickened, but I didn't. Stir well and serve it up!
No comments:
Post a Comment